How to use
HOW TO USE A SAFETY RAZOR AND SHAVING BRUSH
How to use a shaving brush (for men and women):
- Wet the brush in warm water. Our brush is synthetic so there is no need to soak it. If you are using a natural bristle brush, soak it in warm water for 30 seconds for it to absorb moisture.
- Soften the soap by wetting it with warm water.
- Shake off the excess water from the brush and swirl the surface of the soap until it foams up. If you skip the shaking off of water it will make for thin foam which will ruin your experience!
- Apply the foam to your legs (or any other part of your body) in a circular upward motion. The brush will help make the hair stand up and make it easier to shave.
- This is not a disposable razor so you need to use it slightly differently to what you might be used to. You don’t need to apply pressure when shaving with the safety razor... let the weight of the razor work its magic. Hold it at a 30° angle, take short strokes and take care around bony parts. It may take a few tries before you get comfortable - trust us, it will be worth it.
- Pat yourself off and moisturise!
Rinse the brush and shake off the excess water. Take care of your razor and brush by drying them off after each use and storing in a dry place (ideally with the brush upside down). This will make all the difference in making sure they last.
Changing the blades:
Simply twist the bottom of the razor handle to open the butterfly head. Carefully unwrap a blade, hold it by the short sides and place it onto the razor head. Twist the bottom of the razor in the opposite direction to close. How long one blade lasts will depend on how often you use it… we get through about one per month!
If you are considering switching to a plastic free shaving alternative, make sure to check out our eco friendly shaving kit which contains everything you need to start shaving without harming the planet: safety razor, shaving soap, wooden soap dish, replacement blades and even a travel bag, put together to ensure the most affordable swap.